Hello and welcome to mod momME blog. This blog is intended for mod momME customers, friends, family, and fellow mommy's who want to know more about mod momME and my life as a mommy! Please be sure to visit me at www.modmomME.etsy.com to see some stylish mommy accessories. Thank you for reading!

Monday, May 25, 2009

The start of something new!

First off, I think it is important I tell you a little bit about me, my family, and why I want to start mod momME!

My name is Kristen and I am a proud wife and mommy to the 2 greatest kids in the world. I met my husband Jason our junior year in high school and we have been together ever since. He propsed to me our senior year in 2003 and we tied the knot May 7th, 2005. We knew right away we wanted kids! Right after we celebrated our one year annivesary we found out we were pregnant. We actually found out the day before Mother's Day! On December 29th 2006 we welcomed our beautiful son Kameron Lucas. On August 27th (Jason's birthday) we found out we were expecting baby number 2. And on May 6th 2008 we welcomed our beautiful daughter Kallee Deanne!

Life has been hectic with 2 little ones and one income. I cannot imagine having anyone else raise my children, but something needs to give. I decided to pick up sewing when looking for a birthday dress for Kallee's 1st birthday. Nothing apeased me, so I decided to give sewing a shot. I came to realize how much I love sewing and soon found myself making items for my friends and family. This was all at the time when I felt like I lacked my own identity, which I think most women tend to do when they become busy moms. I love my kids to death, but I felt like they consumed the ME that once existed! I was tired of sporting the cutesie character print accessories. I knew there must be other women out there who felt the same way. I think that providing mom's with hip baby/mommy accessories I can help boost their ego and help them "rediscover the ME in mommy!"

My plan is to provide hip, quality accessories such as: bags, clutches, diaper clutches, changing pads, burp cloths, bib clips, paci clips, nursing clips, nursing covers, and sippy cup straps.

Things seem a little slow getting off the ground and I had hoped to open shop already, but as a mommy of 2 this was expected. My baby girl is getting over a severe double ear infection. Any way when she feels I hope to get the ball running again. Look for me at www.modmomME.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment