Hello and welcome to mod momME blog. This blog is intended for mod momME customers, friends, family, and fellow mommy's who want to know more about mod momME and my life as a mommy! Please be sure to visit me at www.modmomME.etsy.com to see some stylish mommy accessories. Thank you for reading!

Friday, July 24, 2009

It's been awhile!

I know I have completely put off writing on my blog and I am sorry. Life has been crazy, sad, exciting and overwhelming, so I have a lot to share. Go get the pop corn and some tissues. I will start with the sad news that still brings me to tears.

Etsy lost a wonderful person last Saturday in a white water rafting accident. ChromaSmear was well known by Etsy chatters and was well loved. I do not think a single person could say 1 bad thing about her! She was always helping and encouraging others. I was working with her on donations for boxes that would benefit animal shelters in Canada and the US. Chroma had a passion and a love for animals like I have never seen. I feel that it is my duty to carry on her work and while I cannot do much I am donating 10% of my Dispose a Diaper/Doggie Poo Bag sales to a local animal shelter. I just made a sale, which means I have the first .99 cents that will be donated in Chroma's memory! I am very excited about it too.



The same day ChromaSmear passed away I got to hang out with some awesome ladies. I met MissMooseDesign (Missy) earlier last week as she came over with V for a play date and lunch with Kameron and Kallee. The kids enjoyed their time together I think and I enjoy Missy's company. CowlickCutie (Jenny) came to my house Saturday afternoon to pick me up, so we could go to Missy's house the the crab broil! I don't think Missy expected us to show up, but I am glad we did. Jenny and I ate more than our fair share of crab legs. We could not say no. Missy's family is awesome. I never felt like an outsider while I was there because everyone acted like they knew me and like I belonged. It was a wonderful feeling. Her dad rocks! He is crazy, but you gotta love crazy. He drove us around on a golf cart going as fast as he possibly could. I think we were airborne a few times. It was fun even though he ran into a tree branch that ended up smacking me in the back of the head. That was almost as funny as Jenny's goat call. The goat whisperer has some talent. I love these ladies and I am happy to call them my friends!!!

Lastly, my family is going through quite a few "storms" lately, so please keep us in your prayers. It is a tough spot to be in, but I am doing my best to "Let go and let God!" Some times I need a reminder of that that. Casting Crowns, "I will Praise You in This Storm" is an awesome song that helps me remember to hold onto my faith in God!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time with your lovely friends!

    I'll keep you in my prayers, just always keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad about ChromaSmear...that's really great of you to continue with the charity in her honor. I've been thinking of you and hope everything is going better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came by through your email sent to the GA street Team..which I then went to your etsy shop, read your bio (loved it :o)... and now I am here on your blog commenting and newly became a follower...

    I see it in this post, what a great friend you are to those around you...

    ...stay strong and encouraged...and keep that faith and joy of the Lord.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    (now, I have to try to get caught up with my blog, blog reading, emails, drawing orders, housework! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops...one more thing!

    I meant to say, I'm about 2 months old in this blogworld and etsyworld... so if you do happen to take a peek at my blog, please let me know with a comment that you were there.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete